Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dallas Quilt Show 2017


I had a wonderful time at the Dallas Quilt Show last weekend. I'm on the show committee as the printed materials chair, so I work on the show just about year round. It's so nice to see all our plans come together.

The judges liked several of my entries which added to the fun and excitement. My "Home Dream Home" challenge block won the first place ribbon.
The block is 10 x 10".

"Dr. Lizard" was awarded the Third Place ribbon in the Small Contemporary category. 
He's small. 20 x 17".

"Dad's Blue Truck" won an honorable mention in the Pictorial category.
40 x 35".

I entered "Chrysalis" in the Art Quilt category.
33 x 43".

"Dragonfly Dance" was in Small Contemporary.
 
14 x 18".

This quilt from 2000 called "Berek at the Koi Pond" hung in the special exhibit called "In The  Beginning." The exhibit was made up of early guild members. I joined the Quilter's Guild of Dallas in 1988.  

After several days of immersion in everything QUILT, 
I'm inspired and anxious to get busy making something new.
 

No comments: