Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Retreat Weekend

My local Denton Quilt Guild hosted it's Spring Retreat last weekend. Around 70 ladies spent the weekend sewing and visiting at a local retreat center. It was a great time to catch up with old friends and get to know new ones. I finished up the last of the quilts I plan to enter in Dallas Quilt Celebration 2010.

This is "Lilly," the sister of "Norman."

I finished "Iron Dragonfly" too.

The 12x12's will hang in the Twisted Stitcher invitational, Twelve2inches, March 12-14 at Dallas Quilt Celebration 2010 at Dallas Market Hall.

I made a new purse out of the fabric I painted in Judy Coates Perez's Mixed Media Fabric workshop.
The design was inspired by my favorite Maruca handbag.
I recycled the handle from another favorite bag.

Marsha from Longview did a great demo on this cute little neck bag.
I took a break to make one. The handle is a long shoe string.

This mini is made with some spin art Becky gave me.
I started a couple more that I'll show you when they're done.

Retreat was a blast, but it sure was good to be back home in my own bed.

No comments: