Mary handed me a sack of faux leather samples last week. "To combine into some art," she said. I ran across them last weekend and noticed that the colors were similar to this pretty square-covered ribbon and fabric sample. My Twisted Stitchers art quilt group is doing some 12x12" quilts this year so I thought I'd try this size.
Multitude of Squares, 12x12"
I used some purple acrylic felt for the batting and added old buttons from my grandmother's button tin. It was a fun exercise.
Here's a little make-up bag made from a recycled wool sweater and a donated zipper. The pink in the heart is some wool I dyed with KoolAid in the microwave. I seem to be in a recycling mode lately.
This purse is called "Red Bird Bag II". I made a grey one for the Greater Denton Arts Council's "It's in the Bag" Purse Auction. I liked the design and wanted to try it again with red wool.
This time I used pop rivets to fasten the suede and polished cotton for the edge binding.
I got a scrapbooky paper sample in the mail and was inspired to recycle it into a purse. I fused it into a Target plastic bag and cut away the top layer to expose the paper. I trapped some ribbon, stickers, etc between some batik fabric and tulle and stitched it all together.
I realized that the tulle would be too fragile. I covered it with plastic and stitched some more.