Friday, November 6, 2009

First Blogiversary!

My blog is one year old today!

I've been accused of not blogging much lately. Ture. Fortunately, I've been very busy with my graphic design business so the fiber art gets the back seat. Good to have income.

I did finish and ship the two quilts I made for my great nephews.





The owner of Katz Coffee, a wonderful micro-roaster in Houston, challenged several of us to make art with some of his coffee bags. I've started mine.



In her lecture at VAST last night, Deborah Boschert showed one of her quilts that used whole coffee eans as an embellishment. I think my coffee quilt is screaming for coffee beans too.

My mini, Colorado Hummer, won at the VAST Mini show last night.
How fitting that a fiber piece won during Deborah's lecture on fiber art.


Rusty and I are enjoying the wonderful North Texas fall.
I'm going to celebrate by quilting for a while.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Your little quilt was amazing. I am so happy that it won! Great to see you last night. Happy blogiversary!

EmandaJ said...

Hey Tonya,
Happy Blogoverary!
Emanda