Monday, March 15, 2010

Texas Boots Baltimore Style

The Quilter's Guild of Dallas does a block challenge every year that is judged at the annual quilt show. The blocks are kept by the guild and made into quilts that belong to the guild and are displayed in the annual show. This year the theme was Texas Boots Baltimore Style.


We were given the background fabric and asked to include one left-facing boot surrounded by a Baltimore-style wreath.

I actually enjoy doing a bit of needle-turn appliqué once in a while and the guild challenge block encourages me to keep at it. I've participated in the challenge every year since 1999. I've earned nine ribbons of various colors throughout the years but never blue. Until this year! Yeah!


I designed waaay too many sharp points into this block so I decided to fuse the pieces and zig-zag the edges this year. The yellow rose buds are folded fabric, the boot loop is really a loop and the spur really spins.

Here are the rest of the ribbon winners.

Third place went to fellow Twisted Stitcher, Judy Kriehn. Congrats Judy!







I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

1 comment:

Connie Akers said...

Congratulations. It's lovely. I missed seeing them at the show.