Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Retreating!

I spent a fun weekend retreating in a wonderful old house/quilt shop 
called the Alford Inn in Van Alstyne, Texas. 


In addition to lots of visiting and eating, I made two purses for the auction and sewed patches on four boy scout uniforms. As I left home I grabbed a big box of fancy fabrics that were intended for a silk jacket many years ago. The background fabric was a light blue silk. Also in the box was brown, beige, blue and olive green, silk, rayon, satin and taffeta. I piece 20 blocks on foundation paper. I'm not sure what these blocks will be, but it was fun to piece for a change.


I also pieced and lined three more purses to be donated to the
 "It's in the Bag" and Denton Quilt Guild auctions. 


What a nice way to spend a few days.

No comments: