A friend gave me four shirts to play with during my annual fabric-dying workshop next week. Unfortunately they are 50/50 Cotton/Poly. I don't like the results I get when dying cotton/poly so I thought I would play with some discharge ideas.
I put some cheap dishwasher liquid in a hair color applicator bottle. The cheap stuff seems to contain more bleach than the better dishwasher liquid.
- wet Dishwasher Liquid -
I doodled on a couple of shirts and put them in the sun to dry.
I found it hard to rise out the dried liquid so after a while, I gave up and threw them in the washing machine with a couple of beach towels.
- Washed and dried shirts -
I'm happy with the result. The black went to a heathered grey with a little brown around some of the edges and the magenta bleached to pale pink. Neither one smells like bleach.