Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fundraiser for TAG

The Arts Guild of Denton (TAG) presents their Annual Auction this Saturday night. 
The silent auction begins at 6:00 p.m., followed by the live auction at 8:15 p.m. 

Local artists were asked to create a 12x12" Denton-themed work of art. 
I can't wait to see all of the pieces in one location.



A photo of the beautiful produce at the Denton County Farmers Market was the starting place for my Denton-themed quilt. I digitally manipulated the colors in the photograph and printed it on fabric with my inkjet printer. I thread-painted the image with my home sewing machine to add shading and texture. 


I also donated two purses that I Zentangled with markers.


On this one I used silver Sharpie on black vinyl. 



On this one I used white Sharpie on green leather.


The Arts Guild is an independent organization dedicated to the promotion and development of the arts in Denton as the fundraising/volunteer support arm of the Greater Denton Arts Council. 
For more information about the event click here.
I hope to see you on Saturday.

No comments: