Wednesday, February 11, 2009

QGD Postcard Challenge

It's been a while since I've had time to post. I've been busy working for my graphic design clients in addition to planning my son's Eagle Court of Honor. Last weekend, I managed to attend a reenergizing four-day retreat with friends from Denton, Terrell, and Houston, TX and Carencro, LA. My life is just starting to calm down a bit.

On February 1 I finished and mailed these four postcards for the Quilter's Guild of Dallas' Postcard Challenge. The entries will be on display at Dallas Quilt Celebration '09 March 13-15. The lime, blue and orange fabric plus the eyelash yarn were provided and had to be included on the postcard. I used Deborah Boschert's, Small Art Quilts – Designing in a Series method of doing several at the same time. I used purple acrylic felt as the batting. The felt is colorful but a little too flimsy for mailing.







No comments: