Friday, May 29, 2009

This and That

I launched my website on Monday. TonyaLittmann.com. It's my first web design. I already see things I would do different but it's a start. I'm planning a site for my husband so I don't forget how to do it.

I've been busy working for graphic design clients lately so the fiber art is taking a back seat. I did manage to finish a class sample from a workshop called Chiseled In Cloth. Margaret Buckalew taught this class at the Denton Quilt Guild in April. I wanted to try her method of using PhotoShop to separate the color layers and make a pattern. The kitten is her pattern called "Riley".


"Blue Kitty" 11x15"

I plan to donate this quilt to the Mini Quilt Auction at Dallas Quilt Celebration 2010. 

We were recently challenged to do a self-portrait in our Mixed Nuts bee so I though I'd create my self-portrait using Margaret's method. Here is the unquilted 12x12" top. I think the shading will improve with thread-painting.



I've decided that I really don't like to work from a pattern. The method I used for most of my previous quilts was to draw a line-drawing on a background and fill it in with slivers of fabric. I use the fabric like brush strokes instead of cutting pattern pieces. 

I did enjoy the class and learning a different method. It reminds me that I should take classes more often.





No comments: